<span id="y9z8c"><optgroup id="y9z8c"></optgroup></span>
    1. <label id="y9z8c"><meter id="y9z8c"></meter></label>
    2. The Annual Shale Gas Technology & Equipment Event
      logo

      The 16thBeijing International Shale Gas Technology and Equipment Exhibition

      ufi

      BEIJING,CHINA

      March 25-27,2026

      LOCATION :Home> News > Industry News

      OPEC+ tries to balance market share gains with weak oil demand

      Pubdate:2020-08-18 16:27 Source:liyanping Click:

      LONDON (Bloomberg) - OPEC and its allies have achieved the oil-market equivalent of a high-wire act: increasing supply even as demand remains depleted, without crashing prices.

      Whether they can successfully continue the balancing act is unclear.

      The coalition of producers led by Saudi Arabia and Russia is restoring some of the vast quantities of crude halted during the depths of the coronavirus crisis. So far the supply boost hasn’t derailed oil’s fragile recovery, which has seen prices climb to a five-month high.

       

      But the outlook for fuel demand has deteriorated as the pandemic crushes international travel, and new outbreaks of the disease are weighing on the economic recovery. On Wednesday, key OPEC+ members will meet to consider how to safe-guard their recent success.

      “They need to be very vigilant,” said Amrita Sen, chief oil analyst at consultant Energy Aspects Ltd. “Because you can get a demand pullback, and they just need to be very quick in responding.”

      The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries and its partners slashed 9.7 million barrels of daily output earlier this year -- about 10% of global supply -- when global lockdowns inflicted the biggest oil-demand collapse in history.

      Their sacrifices paid off, turning around a market that at its trough saw prices in New York crash below zero. Brent crude futures are trading near $45 a barrel, triple the levels of late April. The effort has thrown a lifeline not only to the economies of OPEC+ members, but international companies like BP Plc and Exxon Mobil Corp.

      With global consumption creeping back up toward normal levels, OPEC+ has this month started to carefully open the taps.

      Cautious Steps

      The market remains too fragile to risk anything more. The 23-nation alliance plans to keep the bulk of its halted output -- about 7.7 million barrels a day, and possibly more -- off-line for the rest of the year.

      Saudi Arabia even said that most of the supply returned in August will be consumed domestically, used to satisfy the kingdom’s summer electricity needs rather than shipped to overseas customers.

      The producers can ill-afford a relapse. Despite the rebound, oil prices are still barely half the level many OPEC nations need to cover government spending. The financial squeeze has left several contending with massive deficits, popular unrest and currency devaluations.

      Recent days have provided an ominous reminder of the need for caution. The International Energy Agency, one of the world’s leading forecasters, downgraded its second-half demand outlook last week by 500,000 barrels a day as air travel languishes. The summer power-demand spike within Saudi Arabia, which helped absorb extra barrels, will also fade.

      “We still are in a very uncertain world,” said Mohammad Darwazah, an analyst at Medley Global Advisors. “And I think there’s recognition of that within the group even if they’re quite sanguine on demand publicly.”

      Focus on Compliance

      Given the market’s vulnerability, the Saudis are exerting maximum pressure on other OPEC+ members to fulfill their commitments. When the Joint Ministerial Monitoring Committee meets on Wednesday this will be at the top of the agenda, delegates say. The Joint Technical Committee, a panel of technical experts that assesses implementation of the cuts on behalf of ministers, meets on Monday.

      Quota-cheats such as Iraq and Nigeria have promised to make additional compensation cuts in atonement for earlier laxity. Baghdad and Riyadh issued a joint statement on Aug. 7 in which Iraq pledged 400,000 barrels a day of reduction in August and September, on top of the 850,000-barrel cutback it’s already supposed to make.

      Yet neither of the laggards have yet delivered the mandated cuts, let alone any extra reductions.

      Nigeria is lobbying for one of its oil grades, Agbami, to be considered as condensate rather than crude, a light oil that would be exempt from their production quota, according to delegates who asked not to be identified.

      While Iraq has got closer to its target than almost ever before, implementing about 80% of the stipulated cuts, the immense economic pressures on a country still emerging from war and sanctions make any further cooperation problematic.

      Fatal protests broke out in Baghdad earlier this month as the country’s electricity grid buckled amid searing temperatures.

      “The Iraqis were trending in the right direction,” said Helima Croft, head of commodity strategy at RBC Capital Markets LLC. “But compensation? Given the dire economic circumstances, that just might be a bridge too far.”

      主站蜘蛛池模板: 免费看少妇高潮成人片| 国产va免费精品观看精品| 五级黄18以上免费看| a级片免费在线播放| 最近2019中文字幕免费直播| 国产92成人精品视频免费| 毛片免费观看的视频| 免费A级毛片无码A∨男男| 久久精品国产69国产精品亚洲| 亚洲av色福利天堂| 亚洲午夜理论片在线观看| 日本高清免费中文在线看| a毛片免费观看完整| 亚洲AV无码乱码精品国产| 亚洲最新永久在线观看| 亚洲人片在线观看天堂无码| 中文字幕无码免费久久9一区9| 久久久久高潮毛片免费全部播放 | 成人午夜免费视频| 免费午夜爽爽爽WWW视频十八禁| 久久亚洲精品11p| 91精品视频在线免费观看| 亚洲av激情无码专区在线播放| 国产白丝无码免费视频| 国产午夜免费福利红片| 亚洲影院在线观看| 91精品国产免费久久国语蜜臀| 亚洲一二成人精品区| 久久午夜夜伦鲁鲁片免费无码影视| 免费一级毛片一级毛片aa| 国产亚洲午夜精品| 曰批全过程免费视频在线观看 | jiz zz在亚洲| 嫩草成人永久免费观看| 久久国产亚洲电影天堂| 一区二区三区四区免费视频 | 久久精品国产亚洲av麻| 日本一区二区三区免费高清在线| 亚洲成年看片在线观看| 久久99免费视频| 亚洲色无码专区在线观看|